Sometimes a problem with your electric bike can be easily fixed with simple troubleshooting.
PROBLEM: Power on, but motor not working
- Motor not connected correctly.
- Rotation disc damaged or not close enough to sensor.
- Brake lever is pulled in, triggering the cut off sensor.
- Loose connection or controller fault.
- Check connection plug is pushed together fully.
- Clean and push closer if needed. Contact dealer if damaged.
- Make sure both brake levers are fully out, not triggering the sensor.
PROBLEM: No power at all
- Uncharged or dead battery.
- Key not turned on.
- Faulty switch or loose connection somewhere, ie the LED display.
- Faulty controller.
- Recharge the battery and try again.
- Check the key is in the on position.
- Check the connections of the LED display, the motor and the battery.
- Contact your dealer.
PROBLEM: Travelling shorter distances per charge than rated
- Hill climbing, frequent stop/starting, head wind or heavy load, excessive use of throttle.
- Tyre pressures too low.
- Battery under charged or faulty charger.
- Battery capacity loss or damage.
- Use 1:1 pedal assist and pedal harder. Reduce the use of throttle and lighten the load whenever possible.
- Inflate tyre to correct amount indicated on tyre sidewall.
- Charge the battery.
- Contact dealer to inspect.
PROBLEM: Charging light stays green when I plug in to the battery.
The light should turn red to indicate the battery is charging and green when it is full
- Battery is already full.
- Charger lead not connected to the battery properly.
- Fault with the charger.
- The battery has gone in to sleep mode to protect the cells, due to not being charged.
- Drain some power by riding the bike and then try re-charging.
- Check the connection.
- Contact Dealer.
PROBLEM: Charger not working
- Fuse has blown.
- Charger has been damaged through misuse.
- Change fuse and re-try.
- Contact dealer.