The RooDog Avatar is a dual purpose electric bike. It can be a nippy city ebike or a mountain ebike whatever you like! The Avatar comes with a choice of step through or step over frames and has:
- Built-in but removable battery in the frame for a sleek look and added security.
- LCD display included as standard. Displays the battery indicator and allows the management of 5 speed PAS and LED lights system, tripometer and speed indicator.
- Smooth power delivery with 5 speed pedal assist giving you 30 plus miles per full charge on highest speed setting plus throttle. Perfect for pulling away from traffic, hill starts, get to work no sweat or just enjoying leisurely bike rides in comfort and style.
- Suntour XCR32 lock out fork suspension.
- 250W 36V rear wheel hub brushless motor.
- 36V 10Ah standard size lithium-ion battery. (Now with maximum speed of 15.5mph which is allowed by UK/EU regulation).
- Shimano 7 speed Megarange manual gears
- Kenda, 26″ x 1.95 mountain bike style tyres giving you the option to explore off the beaten path.
- 20 inch frame (Avatar S/T 18 inch) is made of light weight aluminium alloy 6061 making it a super smooth comfy ride with or with out power.
The Avatar will do 30+ miles per full charge on level 5 (highest speed setting). Your range will increase dramatically on the lower eco levels. Dependent on weight of cyclist, frequent use of PAS, air pressure in tyres, road condition, etc. Continually using the throttle and/or hill climbing will significantly reduce the range of the battery.
People come in all shapes and sizes our size guide is only advisory. The best thing to do is test them all out and see which RooDog is the one for you.The choice is yours.
We would recommend that the Avatar would suit a rider from 5’6ft to 6’3ft tall.
On the 1st of January 2016 the UK fell in line with the EU regulation and adhered to the capping of throttle speeds to 4mph. Which all our e-bikes adhere to. See link below… https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules